UHMWPE fiber is a new generation of high performance fiber after the carbon fiber and aramid fiber. UHMWPE fiber has the best mechanical property of all the fibers. UHMWPE has super high strength, high modulus, light proportion, low rupture and elongation rate, ultraviolet radiation resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, wear resistance, cut resistance and other features. They are widely applied to the ocean engineering such as the drilling platforms, anchor cables, towline hoisting ropes, mooring ropes, terminal hoisting ropes.
Ropes made from TYZ’s UHMWPE fiber have a number of advantages:
1. Light weight: The weight is only an 1/8th of a steel rope with an equal breakage tenacity.
2. High tenacity: The breakage tenacity of the rope and net fiber is the same as that of a steel rope in an equal diameter.
3. Low elongation: The broken elongation is similar to that of a steel rope.
4. Less diameter: The diameter of the UHMWPE rope and net fiber is 55-60% of polyamide and polyester ropes on an equal breakage tenacity.
5. Low proportion: 0.97g/m3, meaning the UHMWPE fiber floats on water
6. Durability: the UHMWPE fiber for ropes and nets features a super relaxation and bending fatigue performance, as well as an anti-aging, and chemical corrosion resistance performance.